In 2013, The Achtkasteelenroute celebrated its 100-year anniversary. It makes the trip the oldest signposted cycle route in the Netherlands. In 1913 the mayor of Vorden guided tourists in his community around the eight castles for the first time. That role has since been taken over by guides from the Tourist Office. Every Wednesday afternoon they lead cyclists on the 30-kilometer journey. But you can also cycle the route on your own. Would you rather discover another side of Vorden? There are numerous (themed) cycling routes through the region, including those for kids: “In the tracks of Berend”.
- Midweek package including bicycle rental
- The Eight Castles route
- Back in time in De Graafschap
- Vorden to Almen by De Graafschap
- 4 Days on a Bike: Discover the Achterhoek Lochem Barchem Vorden
- The best Pancakes Route Heikamp Ruurlo region Vorden